Scalenut x Semrush: What is Cluster Booster and How to use it?
Discover a powerful tool that offers in-depth suggestions for related keywords, helping you uncover untapped opportunities.
What is Cluster Booster?
Cluster Booster powered by Semrush boosts Scalenut’s Keyword Clusters by providing additional SEO data.
How will Cluster Booster help you?
As the name suggests, Cluster Booster boosts the Keyword Clusters module with additional information to help you choose the right cluster and create winning content.
View additional information such as Keyword Difficulty and CPC. Assess and Sort by Cluster Difficulty.
How to set up a Cluster Booster on your account?
Follow the steps below to connect the Cluster Booster plug-in with your Semrush account and learn to use it with the Scalenut suite.
To start using Cluster Booster, Choose ‘App Integrations’ under the My Profile option.
Then, click on ‘Cluster Booster.’
When you are ready to connect, click the ‘Connect’ button on the top right.
On clicking ‘Connect,’ a pop-up will appear.
If you have already integrated your Semrush account before, you can click on ‘Use Same Account.’ But if you wish to change your Semrush account, click ‘Use Different Account.’
Cluster Booster is now installed and ready to use.
Go to ‘Keyword Planner’ from the Main Menu.
An icon on the top right on the redirected 'Keyword Planner' screen tells you that Cluster Booster is ON.
How to use the Cluster Booster?
Enter a keyword, select a country, and create a new Topic Cluster.
Let's say we are looking for topic clusters for the keyword 'SEO.' Enter the keyword, select the target region and click ‘Plan’.
Once the report is generated, click on 'Open Report.'
Your clusters will now contain data like Avg KD Difficulty, individual Keyword Difficulty, total search volume and more. You can also sort your clusters or directly search your keywords.
Click ‘Expand’ to view a detailed report.
It’ll then display total search volume, average KD, KD, Paid Competition, CPC and search volume.
Here’s what these terms mean -
- Total Search Volume: The total number of times a keyword or phrase is searched for in a search engine over a given period.
- Average KD (Keyword Difficulty): An average measure of how challenging it is to rank for a keyword, indicating the competition among websites targeting that keyword.
- KD (Keyword Difficulty): It quantifies the level of competition and difficulty in ranking organically for a specific keyword.
- Paid Competition: The level of competition among advertisers for a specific keyword in paid advertising campaigns.
- CPC (Cost Per Click): The average cost an advertiser pays when a user clicks on their ad in a pay-per-click advertising campaign.
- Search Volume: The number of times a keyword or phrase is searched for in a search engine within a specific time frame.
What plans of Scalenut and Semrush support Cluster Booster?
Cluster booster will work on Growth and Pro plans of Scalenut and only paid Semrush plans.
Can I connect my existing Semrush account to Scalenut?
Can I use the integration if I don’t have an active Semrush Subscription?
You need to have a paid Semrsuh plan to be able to use Cluster Booster.
I’m a Semrush customer. I don’t have a Scalenut account. How can I use the integration?
You will have to be on the Growth or Pro plan of Scalenut to use the integration. You can check out the various plan prices here.
Can I get support on the Surfer and Scalenut integration?
Sure! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or start a chat conversation.